I loooooove a good alfredo sauce. Fettuccini alfredo was always my "go-to" meal when we went out to dinner until I became an adult and realized that may not be the healthiest choice :) That said... I still love a great side of alfredo pasta on occasion, but for some reason always thought it would be super complicated to make. Apparently I was wrong because I tried out a recipe from a friend and it was DELICIOUS and super easy.
What You'll Need..
- 12 oz dry fettuccini pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- dash garlic salt
- 3/8 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
(Note - originally I was going to make a double batch of this which is why there are twice as many ingredients as needed)
What You'll Do...
1) Bring a big pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the noodles until al dente.
2) In a large saucepan (I used my dutch oven) melt the butter into the cream over low heat. Add salt, pepper and garlic salt (I didn't measure anything.... I just shook a bit in there). I also wanted to make sure mine was extra creamy and so I sprinkled in a little bit of cornstarch as well. Stir in the cheeses over medium heat until melted.
3) Add the pasta to the sauce. Serve immediately.
Done!!! And sooooo yummy!!!
And y'all. It was so easy!!! I'm going to experiment a bit with half cream, half milk and will keep y'all posted. Although I have a feeling it won't be as good :)
I think this would be fantastic with grilled chicken and a salad or if shrimp is your thing (it's not mine, but Dave loves it) this would make an amazing side to that as well.
I can't believe it took me this many years to try my own alfredo sauce, but am so glad that I finally did it! If you're on the fence about trying it out you should totally go for it!
Happy Wednesday, Friends!!! :)
PS - affiliate links were used in this post, which means that if you clicked on a link and made a purchase I may receive a commission. Thank you!!!