Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back to Reality

Well, folks - my four month summer is officially over (hence the serious lack of blogging going on around here). I went back to work on August 8th and it's been NON-STOP ever since. I had a week of in-service, complete with a day of CPR/AED training, LOTS of meetings, meet-the-teacher night and a little bit of time in there to work on my classroom.

This past Monday (the 15th) was my first day back with students and it was AWESOME! I've missed my little 7th, 8th and 9th graders and apparently they've missed me too ("WOW, Mrs. McAnally - last year you were HUGE and now you're not... it's crazy!) hahaha

Luke and Mason are going to a WONDERFUL "in-home daycare" close to my school and have adjusted perfectly. Luke is LOVING that there are other kids to play with and Mason seems to be enjoying it (considering the fact that he naps for 5 out of the 7 hours he's there).

Luke comes home talking about his friends at Miss Lisa's house and more often than not whines when he gets in the car about having to go home - music to my ears! :)

In other news, Dave turned 28 on August 8th (Happy Birthday, Dave!) and Luke made his very own wrapping paper for daddy...

Also, in a manic crazy-person attempt to get my life 100% organized and together before I went back to work I decided to do a "day of cooking" and freeze a bunch of stuff so that we can just pull things out of the freezer, pop them in the oven in the evening and have yummy dinners without me stressing about cooking them.

Our freezer is STOCKED with about 25 meals (the ones pictured below as well as a couple of ready to go pot roasts, bunches of zip lock bags of spaghetti sauce and some trays of spinach and artichoke tortellini).

The week before I went back to school we had the Smith's over for pizza and playing and sweet Molly took a tumble off of the lovesac and landed face first on the train table (OUCH!). About 3 minutes later she and Luke were hanging out in the train table drawer together...

It's been 2 weeks since it happened and the poor thing STILL has black eyes :(

The best part was that after she stopped crying, she and Luke went right back to jumping on the lovesac.

Sarah - I thought you might want this picture to commemorate the insane swelling that happened approximately 1.5 seconds after she fell.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016