Saturday, July 2, 2011

Life according to my iPhone

Since I'm having a hard time finding the time to do "real blogging", I've resorted to throwing a bunch of pictures from my phone up here (again!).

This was Mason this morning - he is trying SOOOOO hard to eat his little hands! (p.s. - check it out... his hair is coming back! YAY!!! It looks REALLY dark up close, so I'm interested to see what color it ends up being)

This was also this morning. Mr. Mason was tuckered out after his BIG feeding. Why so big?!?! Because I fed him at 7:00 the night before, slept through his normal 11:00 feeding and he didn't wake up until 6:15!!! That's 11.25 hours between feedings, folks! YAY for Mason!

"Dear Auntie Judy,

Thank you for all of the cool bug hunting gear you sent home with my Haha. Especially the glow-in-the-dark bug shirt.

- Love, Luke"

Yesterday, Jeni recommended that we try the snow cone stand that's currently residing in the Family Video parking lot (classy, I know) and since it was about 150 degrees outside (and Mason was taking a bottle at home with Daddy) Luke and I headed over there to try it out. We had just come from the pool (hence my shirtless child and nasty ponytail) and I have to say that they lived up to the hype. We'll be back (hopefully today) for sure!

Mason is getting stronger and more "aware" every day. He doesn't really like to do tummy time on the floor, but he'll do it all day long if he's laying on someone:

On Thursday night Dave's brothers and sister-in-laws came over and we ate dinner and hung out (I didn't take a single picture I was having so much fun), but Stephen texted this picture of my little monkey trying out his motorcycle.

I've developed a bad habit this summer - shopping on Amazon for books. I typically don't have that much time to read during the school year and so I try to make up for it during the summer.

Wednesday night Luke went to the airport with Gibi to pick up Haha (who was in Canada visiting family and playing in a golf tournament) and Dave, Mason and I went to Macaroni Grill and Pacugio for gelato (YUM!). Mason was asleep when we got home and I had to wake him up to feed him - he looks REALLY happy to be home, right?!?!?!

Me and one of my super cute dinner dates:

Tuesday we went to Dallas World Aquarium (BIG post coming):

Sweet boy kickin' up a storm!!!

All clean on Monday night:

Luke decided to share his cars with Mason. It was REALLY sweet until he dumped a dumptruck load full of cars onto the mat and they hit Mason in the head. Poor little brother!

Before Mason got a dumptruck of cars dumped on him, Luke drove his trains over Mason's belly (aka - the big mountain that the trains have to go over)

BREAKING NEWS! Last Friday during dinner Luke announced that he "needed to go pee". USusally this is code for "I don't want to finish my veggies, so I'm going to get up to go pee and hope that you forget about the veggies and I can just play". I heard some unusual sounds coming from the bathroom and when I went in there I found Luke, sitting on the potty, GOING NUMBER TWO!!!! This is a big deal because Luke has been potty trained for number one for over a year, but has always asked for a diaper to do his other business in. We'd ask him when he was going to poop on the potty and we'd get various answers like, "tomorrow", "maybe next time", "when I'm seventeen" and "in eleventeen years". When I asked him what he was doing on the potty he said (I kid you not), "Mommy, I decided that today was the day to poop on the potty". WHAT A BIG BOY!!!

Luke was playing in his room and he asked me to bring Mason in and take a picture of them holding swords together. I obliged and then he asked to see the picture - he giggled for about 10 minutes over this:

At the pool:

Blue steel at the pool:

A typical pool setup on days that we're there by ourselves, Mason chillin' on the table :)

After we dropped Haha off at the airport, Gibi and I decided to check out Grapevine Mills (we hadn't been there in YEARS). There were ride-on things every 15 feet and Luke had to sit on each and every one. awesome.

A few Fridays ago we went to a "craft show" in Plano. It was not that great, but I did snap this pic of Luke on a "saddle barstool":

We went diaper shopping and Luke decided to make a tower when we got home:

This is a horrible picture of all of us during our first ever Family Movie Night. We cleared out the coffee table, got out a ton of pillows and blankets and snuggled up to watch The Tale of Despereaux. Luke loved movie night and I can see this becomming a tradition :)

Luke rubbing "Mason's soft little head":

Mason hanging out in the LoveSac:

I had a crazy bad sinus infection (what's new) and asked Luke to go grab me a piece of tissue from the bathroom - this is what he came back with:

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016