Before we start with the recipes...
Don't forget! The fourth release of Spring Matilda Jane happens TONIGHT (well.... technically tomorrow morning!) and I'm hosting an online show! Create your wishlist at www.matildajaneclothing.com and then email it to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and my trunk keeper (email@example.com) by NOON CST on Thursday! Put my name in the spot for Jane and feel free to email me with any questions you might have! :)
Woo hoo! The day is here!!!
This month I'm highlighting some of the random recipes I've shared on my blog over the past few years. I'm starting with the Best Pulled Pork EVER!!! since it was on the menu for us last night. Seriously. This is all you need. I carmelized some onions to go on top of our sandwiches last night and served it with grilled corn... to die for!
When the onions were done we pulled a super classy move and put the pork on white bread (because I forgot buns) and then topped with shredded cheddar and the carmelized onions. Perfect.
This Baked Spaghetti is a STAPLE in our house. All my kids love it and eat it without complaining (PRAISE THE LORD!!!) and it's super easy to throw together.
I made all of Griffin's Baby Food and LOVED doing it. I didn't have a special steamer or tools. Just some ice cube trays :)
These Mini Pumpkin Cream Pies are my absolute favorite fall dessert EVER. They're also a great size to stick in kids lunches. YUM!
I make this Pasta Salad at least once a month and eat it for lunch at work every single day. And usually as a side to whatever we're having for dinner as well.
My girlfriends request these SKOR Bars any time there is any function at my house. I've also heard this referred to as Saltine toffee.... but my mom has always called it SKOR and so that's what I'm sticking to. :)
You won't believe how CRAZY EASY this Tortellini Soup is and it's probably one of the most-requested meals at my house. My kids don't complain about the spinach and there's always lots of leftovers.
I made these Mini Apple Spice Cupcakes for my back to school dinner and I am pretty sure they could be considered a breakfast food. They're mini which means you can eat at least 4 :)
And my kiddos (and mine!) favorite cookies...
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 12 oz jar of creamy PB (that's a cup and a half if you have a big jar in your pantry like me)
- 1 stick of softened butter (I use margarine)
- 1/2 cup M&Ms
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup or so of raisins
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups quick cooking oatmeal (not instant)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) In a large bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well. (I don't use my stand mixer... just a wooden spoon). Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter and butter. Mix well. Stir in the M&Ms, chocolate chips, raisins, baking soda and oatmeal. Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheets.
3) Bake for about 8-10 mins. I usually do 9 and they seem "gooey" when they come out, but they're PERFECT once they cool.
4) Leave them on the cookie sheets for a few minutes and then move them to a cooling rack
I can't wait to see everyone's recipes and start meal planning for May!