YAY! It's Recipe Club Day!!! Since I've been all about "Back To School" lately, I thought I'd share one of my favorite festive recipes... Apple Spice Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting.
Here's what you'll need...
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/2 cup butter (I used margarine... and I'm not sure what I have two sticks out - it only calls for one)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups apple sauce
1) Preheat oven to 350 and line mini muffin tin with cupcake liners
2) Whisk together the dry ingredients
3) In a seperate bowl, cream together the sugars and butter
4) Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition
5) Add applesauce
6) Add dry ingredients
(mix just until combined)
7) Place 1 tbsp of batter into each liner
After the cupcakes were cool, I whipped up the icing.
Once those were creamed together, I put in 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and 4 cups of powdered sugar.
Once that was all combined, I added a little bit of milk to smooth it out a bit. After I made the icing, I put it all into a ziplock bag...
While I was prepping these Mason asked for homemade chocolate chip cookies - "because Mommy's taste the best." #sucker #notethethreedozencookiesonthecounter :)
It should be noted that while I was cooking on one side of the kitchen - the kids were cookin' up a GIANT mess on the other side. hahaha
They were busy and happy and so I can't complain, but as soon as the "clean up" words were mentioned the boys scattered and left their sister standing in the wreckage. #littlesisterproblems
I hope y'all enjoy the cupcake recipe and if you whip some up for back-to-school (or for breakfast.... because they totally count as a fruit!), send me an email or tag me on IG and let me know how much you're obsessed with them (because you WILL be obsessed!).
Don't forget to link up your recipe(s) as well!
Happy Hump Day, Friends!!!