Today Erika and I are hosting our monthly "Let's Talk" series and this time it's all about guys, which automatically makes me think about this...
Oh. My. Word.
I've talked about Dave HERE when I shared our love story, HERE on our 10th anniversary and HERE as well when I talked about love languages.
A few random details about Dave...
1) He hasn't been part of a drumline in 15 years, but he drums on everything. Every. Thing. Moms of percussionists, this doesn't go away :) And here's a random drum story about Dave - when he was a Sophomore he and his friend recorded a video of them playing on trashcans and other objects as well as timpani and a few other actual drums. They submitted it to Donny and Marie (remember that show???) and were second place in the national vote! This was pre-dating, but I remember the school showing excerpts of his video every day during the announcements and encouraging kids to vote and thinking how cute he was. hahaha They ALMOST made it, but in the end didn't end up winning the trip to NYC.
2) He's the middle of 5 siblings - which I think is part of what makes him so go with the flow :) He's more of a sit back and observe type of guy rather than a life of the party and he's been that way since he was a kid.
3) He LOVES coconut. I HATE coconut. I make him a coconut pie or cake on his birthdays, but I never know if it's good or not because I refuse to taste it.
4) He can fall asleep anywhere and he wakes up bright eyed, bushy tailed and ready to go within about 0.2 seconds. I have to "preheat" for at least 30 minutes.
5) He could TEAR YOU UP in a Bible drill :) Dave grew up in a small Baptist church where they had Bible drill every week. It's where kids work on finding verses super fast and he's still got skills.
6) He is the most reliable and dependable person ever. For real. For example, he didn't miss a single day of school ever. Kindergarten through high school graduation. He was at school every single day. Even the day he got ISS for skipping out of lunch and picking up McDonalds instead with a friend :)
Next month we're talking all things MOM! Your mom, someone who's been like a mom, your story of motherhood, etc.
Cant' wait to read all about the guys in your life!!!
http://www.inlinkz.com/new/view.php?id=611876" title="click to view in an external page.">An InLinkz Link-up