Someone please tell me how on earth it's Friday again???? Didn't I just write a Five on Friday post??? :)
Anyway - I'm linking up with The Good Life Blog for Five on Friday and sharing a few random things from the week.
ONE - Printable!!!
I got so much feedback about my post a few weeks ago and about turning my mom's words of wisdom into a printable so here it is! Right click and save it to your desktop. It's a 4x6 jpeg file so you can print it on your own or upload it to a one-hour photo place and have it printed. YAY!!! Hope you like it :)
TWO - Chef Mason
Mason is still as much a chef as ever!!! He plays Chef all. the. time.
THREE - McChristmas
I'm not sure how I missed this, but we had our annual McChristmas at our house the week after Christmas. Dave's parents and brother came and we had the best time. It was relaxed and everyone had a great time :)
Griffin and her Papa Mac
FOUR - T-Shirt Quilt
I posted this picture on Instagram yesterday and got several questions for a tutorial. I scoured my computer for any pics I had from making it (I made it about 3.5 years ago) and couldn't find any so here's my best basic description...
1) I cut the sleeves and collars off my t-shirts
2) I ironed on some lightweight interfacing (to make the shirts less stretchy and easier to work with)
3) Once they were all backed with interfacing I cut them into squares.
4) I sewed the squares into "columns" and then sewed the columns together to create the quilt top
5) I put batting in between the quilt top and the backing (I used a queen size striped sheet) and pinned it all together
6) This step was the longest... I hand quilted the entire thing. It was brutal. hahaha
7) My mom actually finished it up for me... she did the edgingand I have no clue what she did. hahaha
Anyway, hope this helps! If you still have questions, let me know!
FIVE - Sausage and Tortellini Soup
On Monday night I made Shay's Sausage and Tortellini soup. My kids GOBBLED it up and, trust me, y'all need to make it TONIGHT!