I have a confession to make - I'm a blogaholic. I LOVE looking at other people's blogs... even people that I don't know. I have a list of blogs that I check daily and I feel like I know the authors even though I don't. I love gleaning ideas for decorating, bargain shopping, crafting, etc. from creative people's blogs. I also have been known to go to a friend's blog and then go to their friends blogs - and then keep up with them like they're my friend too. I also get sucked into the "pray for" blogs that chronicle the stories of sick children or families who have suffered a tragedy.
So, rather than be a closet blog-a-holic I've decided to come clean and give you a list of the top 5 blogs I HAVE to read every day...
1) Kelly's Korner - I have no idea why I love Kelly so much... I feel like I know her and we're friends. Her little girl is adorable, she seems super sweet and her recipes are AWESOME (seriously! that's where I got the spinach dip recipe from)
2) The Pioneer Woman - This is one of the biggest and blogs out there (in fact, I think it got blog of the year). The author, Ree, is an incredible writer, photographer and cook and you should most definitley check out her site if you have a few extra hours and want to read stories about her hunky husband in chaps, her retarded brother or her punk kids.
3) The Big Mama Blog - This is my new favorite blog. This lady is seriously HILARIOUS and I look forward to her blog every day becuase it makes me laugh so much. I can totally relate to her style of writing and I desperatley want to meet her in real life : )
4) My Charming Kids - I think everyone probably already checks this one, but I thought I'd list it anyway. I can't imagine having 4 kids under 4, but she gives me a good idea of what it might be like. I really started following this blog during Stellan's latest hospitalization and am mildly embarassed to say that I wore orange on the day that he had surgery as a reminder to keep him in my prayers :) I think that Stellan's name gallery is one of the most touching things ever!
5) The Shabby Nest - I only found this blog last week but have already been totally inspired. Ya'll need to check out this blog for thrifty ideas (that look expensive!) for decorating your home. I even headed to the local thrift store last week to see if I could find any treasures (and I did! I'll post pics later). If you have a minute to look through her blog, be sure to check out the awesome bench she made out of a headboard - LOVE it!
So there you have it - my top 5. I'm planning on adding a sidebar item of "blogs I stalk" :) in the near future and am always looking for great new blogs to follow, so if you have a great one, leave a link in my comments section so I can check it out.